Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tag #2

Sarah, http://www.britgalusa.com/ also tagged me. Ditto what I said to Pam.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was working as an Education Programs Coordinator at a museum in Northern California. Rather a grand title, but basically I was teaching kids about archaeology and local history. God knows how I swung that one, as I knew nothing about archaeology and very little local history, but I’m a quick learner, Mrs. Munro.

Five Snacks I enjoy:

I’m not really a snack eater, probably because most of the snacks I enjoy are English, but in no particular order

1. Lancashire cheese and branston pickle butties, (sandwiches if you want to be posh).

2. Caramel Wafers (chocolate or plain).

3. Jacobs Cream Crackers, with any sort of English cheese.

4. Walkers Crisps (plain, cheese & onion, or smokey bacon).

5. Vanilla Slices.

In fact, all the snacks I enjoy are English.

Five Things On My To-Do List Today:

1. Housework.

2. Make a start on an article for the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation Magazine.

3. Send a short story into a writing contest.

4. E-mail a few friends in England, I am always very lax about correspondence.

5. Answer this bloody tag.

Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:

I would stimulate our flagging economy by doing my damndest to spend it all.

Five Jobs I Have Had:

1. Checkout Supervisor at an Asda supermarket.

2. Executive Officer in the Civil Service.

3. Education Programs Coordinator.

4. Administrative Assistant and Production Coordinator at an engineering company.

5. Freelance Writer.

Five of My Bad Habits:

1. Smoking cigarettes.

2. Drinking wine.

3. Procrastinating.

4. I’m a perfectionist, which makes me critical of myself and others.

5. Impatience.

Five Places I've Lived:

1. Colne, Lancashire.

2. Chatsworth, in the San Fernando Valley, Southern Cal.

3. Benicia, Northern Cal.4.

4. Oxnard, Southern Cal.

5. Oklahoma.

6 People I Want To Get To Know Better:

As I said I’ll skip the tagging. It’s not that there aren’t people I would like to know better, just not this way.

Five Random Things:

1. I often work in my pajamas, this has caused me some embarrassing moments, particularly if someone arrives at the house unexpectedly.

2. I hate cruelty to animals.

3. Even though my cats are allowed to roam freely, they do like to come for walks with me. Alvin even likes to chase sticks, but I’ve never managed to get him to bring them back.

4. I love playing Scrabble.

5. My love of mystery/who-done-it novels began when I read all of Agatha Christie’s detective books in my teens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those yummy sounding English snacks made me very hungry...I always crave things that aren't easily accessible lol :)

Anonymous said...

Now you've got me craving Lancashire cheese (well, Cheshire actually, but Lancashire would do!) and Jacobs Cream Crackers...

Janet said...

pg, I can assure you that they are all yummy. It's a good thing that you don't know what you're missing. :-)

Dylan, I quite understand. To be honest any English cheese would do, the stuff they sell here is not real.

Raquel said...

I have never had cream crackers, but I adore caramel wafers! Sounds like you have been a busy person, nice to get to know you a bit better!