For the third week running we’ve had severe thunderstorms on Sunday night and Monday. This one was especially scary as the storm radio was naming our town, not just the county, as being under a tornado warning, and telling us to take cover immediately. So it was back to hiding in the closet until the danger passed. Fortunately, the tornado didn’t happen, but we did get a load more torrential rain. And, would you believe it? The forecast is for more of the same tonight and tomorrow, (and that’s not counting the storms we had mid-week, oh hum). Anyway enough of the weather.
I finally plucked up my courage this week and sent my child out into the world with its dinner money wrapped in its snotty hanky. Yes, I actually did it. I sent my book proposal to six publishers this week. (Yikes!) Hopefully, it will send some money back to its dear old mum and then she can carry on writing it. Truth is, I’m writing it anyway, quite frantically really, just in case.
It’s exciting, but also quite scary. Everyone in my writer’s group believes that it’s a done deal, and the judge in the recent writing contest that I won confirmed their view. I am trying to be positive about it, but am realistic enough to know that there are no guarantees in this game. I’d ask you to keep your fingers crossed for me, but it could be months before I hear anything, and you’d all end up crippled for life. Anyway, here’s hoping.