Monday, May 19, 2008

Circus Peanuts, Goldfish, and Virgil Ran Off With The Cleaning Lady



More exciting news this week. My good friend and fellow writer, Dorothy Scearcy, has published a book of short stories entitled, Circus Peanuts, Goldfish, and Virgil Ran Off With the Cleaning Lady. I purchased a copy from her on Wednesday morning, and once I got my nose in it, I didn’t stop reading until I’d finished it.

Dorothy’s stories are all slice-of-life vignettes, some are witty, some charming, others are poignant and give you pause for thought, but most are laugh out loud funny. In this book you will discover how Dorothy almost joined a sex club at age eight, how as a young mom she was kicked out of the PTA, and how a dead body in the barn turned out to be not so dead. And because Dorothy has lived her whole life in Oklahoma and Missouri, these two states provide the backdrop for all her tales.
You can read a sample story on her web site at: http://www.cheesencrackers.net/

Check it out, you’re sure to come back for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Book sounds hilarious - thanks for the rec :)

Janet said...

I hope you enjoy it, Dorothy is quite a character.