Sunday, May 11, 2008

Contest and Tornado Update

I got my contest submissions back yesterday, and as well as the win, I got a 3rd place for an inspirational article (non-religious), and an honorable mention for a young adult short story. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, that I was over the bloody moon, still am, in fact.

The celebrations were somewhat dampened, however, by all the tornadoes that swept through this area last night. It was very scary. We were extremely lucky, others were not. Let’s all spare a thought today for all the people who lost their lives, for the families they left behind, and for all those who lost everything they own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your win - that is awesome & thanks for visiting my blog:)

Jane said...

Great to see the old flag flying. Glad you're ok and not taken by tornadoes. My other half often travels to Oklahoma and we've been discussing disaster preparedness recently.