Sunday, April 6, 2008

This Writing Lark, er Life


Pensacola Dam on the Grand River, Oklahoma

When I started this blog I intended it to be mainly about writing, with a few rambles and rants thrown in for good measure. Now it seems that it’s about anything but writing, so I need to get back on track. I’ve moved the cooking stuff to another blog, if you’re interested you can find it at:

It’s not that I haven’t been writing, I have. A children’s history magazine, that I have written for before, e-mailed me wanting submissions for an issue they were doing on Nazi Germany. I wrote a piece about the life of women in Nazi Germany and e-mailed it to them back at the end of February. But, it seems it’s just disappeared into the ether. It was a good article, too, it certainly generated quite a bit of discussion at my writer’s group – Grand Lake Wordsmiths Unlimited – when I read it to them.

Then I sent a few e-mail queries out about another story and got a bite straight away. I wrote the article, sent it in and haven’t heard another thing from them. Oh, the writing life, and people think I have an easy job just because I can work in my pyjamas most of the time.

I’m also working on a non-fiction book, it requires a lot of research, but I am almost at the point where I can start putting together a book proposal, almost! And I have a new assignment for Oklahoma Living Magazine that I need to start work on soon. I’ve made a tentative start on a new short story, and I have an idea for a novel burning a hole in my brain, but never actually making it onto paper. One day!

Well, I'll get back to twidling my thumbs and gazing out of the window.

No comments: