Wednesday, March 26, 2008


This is Wilson (the Lounge Lizard). Well you
didn't think I was going to post a pic of my
gray hair.


Too Many 13’s



There seem to be too many 13’s cropping up in my life at the moment. It’s not that I’m superstitious, well, maybe just a tad. It’s not really surprising considering my mother was a paranoid superstitionarian (a what?). When my brother and I were kids, she would drag us across busy roads just to avoid walking under a ladder. And placing a box containing new shoes on the table would reduce this sensible woman to a gibbering idiot. She also had a thing about black cats, opening umbrellas indoors, and passing on the staircase. I could go on and on, but I won’t.



Anyway, back to 13’s. It was my 13th wedding anniversary last week. On Monday it was 13 years since Mick moved to California, and on May 24th, it will be 13 years since I came out to join him. (It was our original intention to stay in the States for a year. How time flies). And, after doing our grocery shopping the other day, we ended up at check stand number 13! What’s more, I got my first gray hair last week, it probably has nothing to do with the number 13, but it might.

No comments: